The Gulfstream G500 and G600 (GVII) are twin-engine business jets designed and manufactured by Gulfstream Aerospace. Both were unveiled on October 14, 2014. The Gulfstream G500 first flew on May 18, 2015, received its FAA-type certification on July 20, 2018, and was first delivered on September 27, 2018. The longer G600 had its first flight on December 17, 2016. The G500 will replace the G450 while the larger G600 will succeed the G550.
Powered by two Pratt & Whitney Canada PW800 turbofans, the 76,850 lb (34.9 t) MTOW Gulfstream G500 has a range of 5,200 nmi (9,630 km) while the 91,600 lb (41.5 t) G600 can cover 6,500 nmi (12,040 km).
Inside, the Gulfstream G500 boasts one of the most spacious cabins in its class. With a well-thought-out layout, it offers ample room for both work and relaxation. The G500’s advanced noise reduction technology ensures a quiet and peaceful cabin environment, reducing fatigue during long journeys. The aircraft’s pressurization system maintains a comfortable cabin altitude, minimizing the effects of jet lag and enhancing overall well-being.
In a world where time is of the essence, the Gulfstream G500 stands as a testament to innovation, offering unrivaled speed, comfort, and sophistication. Elevate your journey to unparalleled heights with the G500. It’s not merely a jet; it’s an embodiment of excellence in aviation.
- Seats Full Range (NM / SM): The Gulfstream G500 offers an expansive range of 5479 nautical miles (or 6305 statute miles), ensuring you can reach your destinations effortlessly. Whether it’s a non-stop transcontinental flight or an international voyage, the G500 is your passport to the world.
- Ferry Range (No Payload) (NM / SM): With a remarkable ferry range of 5,841 nautical miles (or 6,722 statute miles) when flying without payload, the G500 sets the gold standard for long-distance private jet travel. Its endurance knows no bounds.
- Balance Field Length (Take-off Distance in Feet): The Gulfstream G500’s take-off performance is exceptional, requiring only 5,250 feet of runway. This means you can take off swiftly and efficiently, even from shorter runways, expanding your travel options.
- Landing Distance (Feet): When it’s time to touch down, the G500 excels with a landing distance of just 2,801 feet. This capability ensures you can access airports with shorter runways, enhancing your travel flexibility.
- Average Block Speed (KTS / MPH): The Gulfstream G500 maintains an impressive average block speed of 476 knots (or 548 miles per hour), allowing you to cover vast distances swiftly and efficiently. It’s the epitome of speed and luxury in private aviation.
- Normal Cruise (KTS / MPH): During normal cruising, the G500 maintains a steady pace at 475 knots (or 547 miles per hour). This ensures a smooth and efficient journey, making every mile a pleasure.
- Long Range Cruise Speed (KTS / MPH): For long-haul flights, the Gulfstream G500 offers a long-range cruise speed of 448 knots (or 515 miles per hour). This optimizes fuel efficiency while maintaining an impressive pace, extending your journeys even further.
- Fuel Usage (Gallons Per Hour): The G500 is engineered for efficiency, consuming just 431.00 gallons of fuel per hour. This not only reduces operating costs but also minimizes your carbon footprint, aligning with modern environmental standards.
- Service Ceiling (Feet): Reach for the skies with a service ceiling of 51,000 feet. The Gulfstream G500 allows you to cruise comfortably above most inclement weather, ensuring a smooth and tranquil flight experience.
- Useful Payload With Full Fuel (Lbs): Even with full fuel tanks, the G500 offers a generous useful payload capacity of 2,594 pounds. This means you can bring along everything you need, from passengers to luggage, without compromise.
- Maximum Take Off Weight: The Gulfstream G500’s robust design supports a maximum takeoff weight of 85,100 pounds, empowering you to carry more while maintaining top-tier performance.
- Maximum Landing Weight: With a maximum landing weight of 75,300 pounds, the G500 provides the assurance of safe and controlled landings, no matter where your travels take you.
- Basic Operating Weight: The Gulfstream G500’s basic operating weight of 46,703 pounds represents a testament to its lightweight construction and fuel efficiency, contributing to its impressive performance metrics.
- Total Usable Fuel Weight: With a total usable fuel weight of 34,067 pounds, the G500 is primed for long-haul missions. This ample fuel capacity ensures you can access remote destinations with ease, offering unmatched travel possibilities.
- Minimum Crew / Maximum Passengers: 2 / 18
- Baggage Capacity External / Internal (Cubic Feet): 0 / 226
- Cabin Height (Feet): 6’2″
- Cabin Width (Feet): 7’4″
- Cabin Length (Feet): 50’1″
- Cabin Volume (Cubic Feet): 2265.63
- Years in Production: 2003-2012
- Active Fleet (approximate): 9
- Airframe Maintenance Per Hour: $649.00
- Engine / APU Maintenance Per Hour: $935.00
- Fuel Cost based on Gallons Per Hour: $1,831.75
- Crew Misc.: $365.00
- Total Variable Cost Per Hour: $3,780.75
- Cost Per NM: $7.95